In the January 2018 issue of AEROSPACE: The RAeS monthly flagship magazine:
In January’s AEROSPACE: The RAF’s Airbus A400M Atlas takes the strain of transport operations, Report on the 2017 Dubai air Show, Interview with British ESA astronaut, Major Tim Peake HonFRAeS.
* Radome – The latest aviation and aeronautical intelligence, analysis and comment.
* Antenna – Howard Wheeldon looks ahead at the prospects for the aerospace industry in 2018.
* Atlas shoulders the load – How the RAF’s Airbus A400M is taking up the strain of transport operations.
* Making the best use of space – An overview of the RAeS President’s conference on the commercialisation of space.
* Civil air threat – The risk to civil airliners of flying over war zones.
* Dubai continues to surprise – A report on the 2017 Dubai Air Show.
* Plane speaking – An interview with British ESA astronaut, Major Tim Peake HonFRAeS.
* Manned engineering – Career opportunities in the civil UAV sector for ex-military personnel.
* The Riddle of the Sandys – A look back at Duncan Sandys’ 1957 Defence Review which saw the end of many British aircraft projects.
* Message from our President and Chief Executive
* Book Reviews
* Library Additions
* Sir Henry Royce Lecture
* YPN event 2017
* Corporate Partners
* RAeS Elections
* 50-year memberships
* The Last Word - Keith Hayward looks back 70 years at UK aerospace in 1948 and its lessons for today.
Download your copy now or join the Royal Aeronautical Society to access it.
AEROSPACE is features-led, agenda-setting, global in outlook, dynamic and forward looking. Each issue contains news and analysis as well as Society news and events, book reviews and news of members. Letters and feedback are positively encouraged.
Enjoyed reading these but not a member? Click here to find out about joining the RAeS.
Can’t wait for the printed copy to arrive? Click here to view the latest edition online, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance setting up your online account. For non-member subscriptions please contact email@example.com.