What is the Young Persons' Network (YPN)
A professional network for our Young Members to stay connected, involved and open to new opportunities with the Royal Aeronautical Society.
The YPN is a platform that seeks to engage and encourage young members to get involved with society activities. Young people are a large and rapidly increasing proportion of RAeS members and the YPN aims to bring together these members to engage with one another and participate in activities.
Who can join?
Are you a member of the Society? - This means a Cadet, Apprentice, Undergraduate, Graduate, Post Graduate Academic or an Early Career Professional, if yes then you can join the Young Persons Network (YPN).
What are the typical activities a YPN member can get involved with?
There are many activities that you as a YPN member may be asked to volunteer for or maybe even choose to organise. Activities include:
• Join your local Branch or a RAeS Specialist Group and attend your local events
• Be an ambassador for the RAeS at Airshows and exhibitions to promote membership, careers in aerospace and the YPN on the RAeS stand
• Present to university fresher students about the RAeS and go to university roadshows
• Mentor students or those starting out in their career
• Be a STEM ambassador for the Society’s Careers and Education outreach events such as Cool Aeronautics
• Volunteer to help run the annual Young Person events such as AeroChallenge, the Young Persons Conference or the Young Person's Lecture evening.
How do I join the YPN?
It's easy! Just become a member of the Royal Aeronautical Society and then email email@example.com asking to join the YPN - that's it!
Other things to look out for are the annual events such as the Young Person’s Conference and Forum.